Thursday

An Immortal Cell


Today a local Brooklyn artist Kimberly Becoat came by the classroom and told of us of a very important African American Women who has done more for the medical world then anyone person on the planet. After her death 60 years ago from cancer, they found that her cancer cell was immortal....meaning that it duplicates and never dies. This cell is currently still being used in all cellular research. It is the only one ever found. More of her story  http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/Henrietta-Lacks-Immortal-Cells.html.

So this week coming up I thought I would make a journal page honoring her. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hi LeAnne,
    Nice2CU! I've found you at LMM site and I enjoy your journal creations very inspiring. Hope to see you by my blog, follow me too! jijiji or add your blog to "Love That Blog" blog networking community it's FREE and I love to visit them a lot. Keep on inspiring others.
    MoMeMa
    www.momemart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete